Tuesday, September 16, 2008

my NCLEX experience...

I took the NCLEX last monday and boy was it hard... i thought it was the hardest thing i have ever put my self into..it was literally an agonizing battle that i couldnt have imagined..no pun intended! i got to my seat trying to convince myself that i can work past it.. computer shut off at 75.. i had like 20 SATA's. i know cause i took count of them appearing one after the other.. my 3rd question was already a SATA and I was stunned.. i wasnt prepared for a SATA early on.. but kept moving.. and kept having more of those.. i had to stop at 30 items to seek for an early break and had to catch my breath.. i offered my sincerest prayers and tried to power thru the test.. i was hoping i could move past 75 cause i knew i did terrible on those SATa's..but as fate would have it..it just had to end at 75. i left the booth stunned and speechless. i was shaking like crazy.. I wasnt prepared for such enormous stress that all i could do when i got home was curl up and cry... This stress could actually kill me. Just for information's sake.. i had 20 SATA's, tons of med questions.. even SATA's bout meds (and i thought it wouldn't get harder than that)... no math.. had one ecg tracing to point out...countless prioritization and infection control...a number of psych and peds questions... up until now i'm still waiting for the verdict of the NCLEX people.. please do pray for me and the rest of the NCLEX takers who are hoping for good results...
just a piece of advice for those who are to take the exam... NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE NCLEX... it sure is one hell of a jaw breaker....

No comments: